We can’t do this without YOUR voice being heard! Local municipalities are uniquely qualified and trusted by their residents to manage the installation of technology infrastructure in their communities so should be allowed to make decisions about this new technology. However, the wireless industry doesn’t see it that way. They are pressing our elected representatives for weaker regulations so they can continue to profit at the expense of our health, privacy and safety and security.
This is a grassroots effort, as we all know that the wireless industry throws a lot of money at politicians.
It is urgent to contact your representatives TODAY! Other ways to take action:
- Call your representatives in Washington today. Please don’t wait. Ask others to do the same. Talking points HERE.
- Send this easy one-step National League of Cities on-line form to YOUR City Leaders and your Members of Congress to stop the FCC’s one-size-fits-all 5G preemption in its tracks by SUPPORTING H.R. 530, the “Accelerating Wireless Broadband Development by Empowering Local Communities Act of 2019.” Find your U.S. Representative HERE.
- Send this “Policy Guidance Regarding Wireless Radiation” by Fmr. State Senator and Aeropsace Engineer, Patrick Colbeck, to your elected representatives.
- Share this flyer with others.
- Share this WISN lead news story of January 3, 2019 about the dangers of 5G and wireless technologies.
- Read, sign and share this International 5G Appeal to the U.N., WHO and all governments in opposition to 5G.
- Tell YOUR U.S. Congressional Representatives to NOT support the STREAMLINE Act S. 3157. Find your U.S. Representative HERE.
- Tell YOUR Wisconsin State Legislators you are opposed to “small” cell 5G antennas in your neighborhood and laws removing local control. Send your Wisconsin State Legislators this Legislative Briefing. Find your State Legislators HERE.
- Contact U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin HERE who supports 5G. She mistakenly believes that 5G will bring broadband service to rural areas of Wisconsin. Not true. Even FCC Commissioner Rosenworcel disagrees, saying: “Not one wireless carrier has said that this action [the FCC Order] will result in a change in its capital expenditures in rural areas.”
- Phone calls to elected representatives are much more effective. Talking Points HERE.
- Letters mailed to Washington D.C. can take weeks to reach your representative because the letters are screened off-site. It is better to call or email your U.S. Congressional Representatives.
- Send your elected representatives, local officials, schools, health departments, friends and loved ones this Fact Sheet on 5G and Small Cells. Most people have not heard of 5G and are not aware of proven health effects of wireless radiation.
- Ask your elected representatives to support faster, safer, more reliable wired fiber optics.
- Share our website with others and follow us on Facebook.
- Order yard signs for your community HERE. See image on the right side of this page. CHANGE THE QUANTITY IF YOU WISH and you will need to order the wire stands which cost extra. Again, change the quantity if you do not want 100 and order the wire stands. Great way to raise awareness.
- There is a lot of information on the topic of wireless radiation and it can be a bit overwhelming. A great place to start is by watching this video featuring Cece Doucette, a Technology Safety Educator, who gives a clear and concise presentation to the Ashland, MA Board of Health. Share her video to help educate your own schools, town managers, boards of health, librarians, senators, and state representatives.
- Learn more and connect with other citizens and organizations opposed to 5G at the Wireless Information Network.
- Most importantly, start taking steps to reduce your exposure to wireless radiation and share the Safety Tips with others.
Sample Phone Message – I’m calling to ask the (Senator or Representative) to please protect our health, privacy, safety, security and the environment by prohibiting telecom companies from placing powerful 5G antenna all over our neighborhoods without local review. We have a right to determine how to integrate wireless technology into our own community. Telecom companies should not be allowed to override local control. I’d like to know what the (Senator or Representative) is doing to stop the placement of these cellular antenna in my front yard? I’d like (him/her) to support faster, safer, more reliable wired fiber optics all the way to my home. Could (he/she) please call me back. Thank you.
June 26, 2018 – Cece Doucette, Technology Safety Educator, says: “This is not a wait-and-see issue, however. The industry is pushing fast to put toxic 5G infrastructure in our neighborhoods — cell antennas every 2–12 houses and our municipal leaders simply do not know of the health risks. All they hear is that the industry will give them revenue if they let them put up more cell antennas for faster speeds. And what town wouldn’t appreciate an easy revenue stream? But not at the expense of our health and that of our children.”
Ms. Doucette writes: “I hope you will all share the following video to help educate your own schools, town managers, boards of health, librarians, senators, and state representatives. Most simply, they have no idea wireless is toxic.”