First and foremost, if you or someone you know has been harmed by wireless technology (electromagnetic frequency sickness*, cancer, tumors, infertility, behavior disorders, etc.), please visit We Are The Evidence, read about the appeal to TAKE ACTION and share your story. The Evidence will be used to present the problem to the U.S. Congress.
Wisconsin For Safe Technology continues to raise awareness about the negative impacts of 5G (Fifth Generation) wireless technology. Every day brings more news about 5G, so we want to share some highlights about efforts being made in recent weeks. #Stop5G updates include:
- September 7, 2018: Wisconsin For Safe Technology sent the attached Memo in Opposition via email and U.S. mail to all Wisconsin State representatives, candidates for office, and local mayors/municipal leaders. We hope this correspondence will raise awareness about the health effects of 5G among our elected representatives, so they will ask questions and simply pause and think before fast-tracking the deployment of thousands of radiating cell towers in our neighborhoods–where we live, work and play.
- September 20, 2018: Americans For Responsible Technology sent this letter to the FCC Chairman Ajit Pai in opposition to 5G “…until such time as competent, independent public health professionals have had the opportunity to review the relevant scientific studies as they relate to the deployment of millions of new antennas, and can assure the American people that the deployment of these antennas in their neighborhoods will not result in an adverse impact to their health and safety.” Is that too much to ask? Wisconsin For Safe Technology is one of ART’s 59 supporting organizations from across the country.
- September 24, 2018: Neighborhoods in our Nation’s capital are fighting back! An Advisory Neighborhood Commission in Washington, D.C. approved a Resolution entitled: ANC 3/4G Resolution Opposing Small Cell Wireless and 5G Technology Without Studies Confirming Safety. This Resolution brings health concerns to the forefront and asks for the halt to 5G rollout until safety can be assured. Here is a copy with hyperlinks. Commissioner Randy Speck of Washington, D.C. provided Wisconsin For Safe Technology a signed copy of this Resolution. (More on the opposition to deployment of small cells in the District of Columbia can be found here.)
- September 26, 2018: Despite opposition from citizens, groups and municipalities, including the Village of Greendale, the FCC voted to remove barriers to small cell 5G cell tower deployment, including caps on fees municipalities can charge resulting in U.S. cities planning to file lawsuits against the FCC. Taxpayers will be paying the price for the 5G infrastructure with their wallets…and health. Even though the FCC vote was 4-0 to pass these devastating regulations, Commissioner Rosenworcel dissented, in part, saying: “This is extraordinary federal overreach, and I don’t believe that the law permits Washington to run roughshod over state and local authority like this, and I worry that the litigation that follows will only slow our 5G future.” Her full statement is here.
- October 15, 2018: Wisconsin For Safe Technology sent this letter to the Greendale Village Board of Trustees asking that they approve a similar Resolution like the one approved in D.C. in opposition to 5G. Use the letter (edit it accordingly) for your own Wisconsin municipality.
- Americans For Responsible Technology (ART) recent work includes:
ART in the news:
September 20, 2018: “5G Faces Its Biggest Obstacle: Health Impacts”
September 24, 2018: “Grassroots coalition asks FCC to slow 5G expansion over health concerns”
September 29, 2018: Computer World article: “Why 5G Will Disappoint Everyone”
* The most common symptoms of electromagnetic frequency sickness/electrosensitivity are:
- tingling in the hands and legs
- pain in the head and ears when using a cell phone
- cognitive problems
- brain fog
- heart palpitations
- difficulty breathing
- sleep disturbances
- nose bleeds
- memory loss
- poor concentration
- and neuropsychiatric problems such as depression
If you would like to order signs for your community, click here.