So much has been happening this past month! Wisconsin For Safe Technology participated in the Greendale Village Days rummage sale to raise funds and, more importantly, awareness about 5G. It was a very successful event! Yard signs and flyers have been distributed throughout Wisconsin including Greendale, Athens, Brookfield, Edgar, Madison, Menomonee Falls, Milwaukee, Oak Creek, Oconomowoc, Prairie Du Sac, Racine, Stevens Point, Trevor, Waterloo, Waukesha, Wausau and West Allis. If you would like to order signs for your community, click here.
Parents: Your children are back to school and ready to learn and you’re happy to have some structure in their lives again. How did your child feel this summer? How are they feeling now that they are back in school? If your child has unexplained symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, nausea, depression, anxiety, nose bleeds, dizziness, tinnitus, sleep problems, poor focus and attention, don’t dismiss wireless radiation as a cause. Our children are bathed in wireless radiation in their school buildings from WiFi, Chrome Books, iPads and more. They are more at risk to health effects because of their thinner skulls and developing brains. Learn more here.
Oconomowoc For Safe Technology is hosting a series of educational workshops at the Oconomowoc Public Library starting on September 26, 2018, with an exclusive showing of the award winning documentary Generation Zapped. Learn more: Oconomowoc For Safe Technology Info Sessions 2018.
Additional #Stop5G updates include:
- September 5, 2018: Did you know that the FCC is staffed by former members of the telecommunications industry? That the head of the FCC is a former Verizon attorney? Now read this: The FCC released a document re: Accelerating Wireline Broadband Deployment by Removing Barriers to Infrastructure Investment, WC Docket No. 17-84; Accelerating Wireless Broadband Deployment by Removing Barriers to Infrastructure Investment, WT Docket No. 17-79 Declaratory Ruling and Third Report and Order. The FCC has an open meeting scheduled on September 26, 2018 so if individuals or local government oppose regulations like new collocation shot clocks or fee structures, send your comments electronically, ASAP, BEFORE September 26: “Any presentations or views on the subject expressed to the Commission or its staff, including by email, must be filed in WT Docket No. 17-79 and WC Docket No. 17-84, which may be accessed via the Electronic Comment Filing System (https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/).”
- September 6, 2018: Can you hear me now? New peer reviewed paper concludes that cell phone wireless radiation IS a carcinogen, not just a possible carcinogen! “Based on the evidence reviewed it is our opinion that IARC’s (International Agency for Research on Cancer) current categorization of Radio Frequency Radiation as a possible human carcinogen (Group 2B) should be UPGRADED to Carcinogenic to Humans (Group 1).”
- September 4, 2018: Physicians For Safe Technology “Environmental and Wildlife Effects.” For those of us not only worried about the effects of wireless radiation on our loved ones, especially children, elderly, pregnant women, but also concerned about wildlife and the environment.
- August 31, 2018: The National League of Cities releases a Small Cell Guide for Local Government to educate local governments before 5G hits so municipalities can try to protect their citizens and neighborhoods, especially historic districts.
- August 24, 2018: Opinion Piece by Theodora Scarato of Greenbelt Maryland: “Many international medical organizations, such as the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Vienna Medical Association, and more than 20 nations, including France, Israel, Russia and Belgium, recommend reducing cell phone radiation exposure, especially for children. Several countries such Chile and Greece have regulations that consider schools, hospitals and parks to be “sensitive areas” and do not allow cell towers to be built on these areas. In contrast, although the Los Angeles School district has banned cell towers from its school properties, most US schools, hospitals, police stations, post offices and parks remained unprotected.”
- August 27, 2018: Americans For Responsible Technology, a new National Coalition (built by Grassroots Communications) is formed! Wisconsin For Safe Technology is among 42 supporting organizations across America. Founding Principles can be seen here. Like them on Facebook!
- August 22, 2018: This article from PC Magazine hits the nail on the head! The telecom industry doesn’t want to study the health effects of 5G. And just like Big Tobacco, there are thousands of peer reviewed independent studies showing harm from wireless radiation. What will it take to get the telecom industry to put people over profits? PC Magazine Deflates 5G: “Because the industry is too cheap to study the health effects of the technology itself, it lets this sort of product out the door despite the fact that it has already been weaponized by the military. These frequencies are so poor at travelling long distances, they need a transmitter on nearly every telephone pole and light pole to make 5G work. 5G is already getting some bad publicity, which could result in everything from bans on the technology to equipment destruction by vigilantes.”